As our daily lives are filled with more indoor time, there are many ways to stay healthy and active.
Join in our SIP challenge! Scroll down for info!
Here are a few ideas for staying active indoors.
- Take a Virtual Fitness Class - There are plenty of FREE options online. Here are just a few:
- For the Kids:
- Saskia’s Dansschool - Easy fitness choreography for kids and adults
- Basketball Drills for Kids
- Moe Jones - Workout for Kids
- Fitness Blender for Kids - Free fitness videos
- Cosmic Kids Yoga - Kid friendly videos
- Funology - Homemade Toys
- GoNoodle– Indoor Recess and fun/active videos
- Art For Kids Hub - drawing lessons for kids
- 30 Free Educational Resources
Did you know that the current social distancing recommendation allows for individuals to "engage in outdoor activity, provided the individuals comply with the Social Distancing Requirements...such as, by way of example and without limitation, walking, hiking and running."
Here are a few ideas (don’t forget your Social Distancing rules!):
- Visit a local park - Our parks are free and still open to the public
- Walk/run around your neighborhood and say "hi" (from a distance) to all of your neighbors who are getting outside too
Join our SIP (Shelter in Place) Challenge and Photo Contest
Every weekday morning you will find a new post on our Facebook and Instagram with a daily challenge following our weekly theme. Complete the challenge and post a photo on your social media pages with #PlayLodi and be sure to tag us! (By tagging us in your photo, you will be entered into the photo contest)
April 6-10: Hoppy Egg-Venture
April 13-17: Love Lodi
April 20-24: Indoor/Outdoor Fitness
April 27-May 1: Let the Music Play
May 4-8: Get Crafty
What’s in it for me?
We’ll be sharing your photo submissions on our social media pages in a SIP Challenge photo gallery. Each week we will pick a winner based on creativity, incorporation of the weekly theme, and originality. Each weekly winner will win an Open Swim punch pass ($40 value) to use at any of our aquatics sites when we get the all clear to open up!
Please note, this is a family fun activity. Please, no distasteful photos. Photos are subject to review before posting to the gallery. Users may enter as many photos as they would like throughout the contest.
Other Terms and Conditions
All photographs must be your own work, and you must own the right to distribute the image. You must have the consent of those whose faces are visible in the image. Lodi Parks and Rec reserves the right to refuse photographs that contain nudity, violent or offensive material or trademarked or copyrighted images. Lodi Parks and Rec is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or incomplete entries or technical errors or difficulties. Lodi Parks and Rec reserves the right to adjust the challenge deadline. By participating in this challenge, you agree to these terms and conditions.
Rights to Photos
Your photographs help Lodi Parks and Rec promote parks and recreational opportunities. Thank you for helping us fulfill our mission through your participation and photography! By entering the SIP challenge you grant Lodi Parks and Rec a nonexclusive right and royalty-free license to:
- Publish images for Lodi Parks and Rec promotional purposes in any format, including on the Lodi website, social media accounts, or publications.
- Use, in connection with the challenge, your name in promotions and other publications. As conditions of this permission, Lodi Parks and Rec shall credit all photographs with the caption “Photo Credit: Person’s Name” when the full name is available, or by the participant’s Instagram username when the participant’s full name is unavailable.