Parks are for Everyone!
Lodi’s parks are multi-use - cyclists, walkers, runners, and dog walkers all share our parks. To ensure you have a good time while minimizing your impact:
- Leash up! It’s the law, and also the best way to keep your dog safe from traffic, aggressive dogs, and other unforeseen incidents. Keep your dog close to you on a leash no longer than six feet.
- Share the Space - With so many park users, you and your dog aren’t alone - keep your eyes open for cyclists, runners, children, etc. and remember that some people are not comfortable with dogs. Please keep your dog leashed and close to you while enjoying the park.
- Scoop Up the Poop - Pack some bags and remove the poop. Don’t leave behind something that you wouldn’t want to find or step in!
- Know where to Let Loose - Check out the map for off-leash sites and be sure to follow the off-leash etiquette.
Dogs Allowed On Leash
- The City of Lodi may designate locations where dogs are permitted within a park.
- Leashed dogs can be on sidewalks, paved trails, roadways, designated grass areas, and in parking lots.
- Please read and follow posted signage.
- Each dog must be on a six-foot-maximum leash at all times (no retractable leashes).
- Dogs cannot be left unattended.
- Dog owners must act responsibly – follow rules, carry removal bags and pick up after your dogs.
- Dogs must be licensed to be in a public space.
Dogs Allowed Off-Leash
Off-leash areas are a great place to let your beloved pooch loose to run, play and enjoy a social environment. Before you unleash your dog within designated dog areas of Beckman or Vinewood Parks and the west side of Lodi Lake Park, please remember the following rules:
- Unleashed dogs are allowed only from sunrise to sunset.
- Each dog must be under voice control at all times.
- Clean up and properly dispose of your dog’s waste.
- You are responsible for your dog’s action and behavior. Remove your dog from the area if it becomes frightened or aggressive.
- Do not allow dogs to dig or disrupt the landscape.
- Remember that sound carries! Be respectful of park neighbors.
- Make sure your dog is wearing up-to-date ID and vaccination tags.
- Always carry your leash.
- No more than 3 dogs per walker.
- Walkers/handlers must be 14 years of age or older.
Off-Leash Dog Areas:
Dogs Are Not Allowed
Areas remaining off-limits to dogs include the Nature Area at Lodi Lake, aquatics areas, in and near playgrounds, all sports fields, admission fee areas, shelter and picnic areas, and during special events.