Council Member - DISTRICT 3
Term: November 2018 - November 2022
Email Doug Kuehne
Doug Kuehne was elected to the Lodi City Council in November 2014 and re-elected in 2018 and has previously served as Mayor.
Since the election in 2014, Doug has proudly served the City and greater county on various committees.
- Lodi Homelessness Committee. Doug helped start this committee as soon as he took office in 2014 and has served on the committee ever since. In 2016, the San Joaquin Grand Jury found that the strategies and approaches of the Lodi Homelessness Committee should act as the model for the entire county. One of the key achievements of Lodi's, and now the county's, model is institutionalizing regular meetings of all homelessness outreach organizations. This meeting of efforts has helped facilitate greater engagement as well as create the ability to efficiently and successfully deliver vital medications to the city's and county's homeless population. In 2018, Doug was appointed to serve on the county’s Continuum of Care for Homelessness Committee and continues to serve on the county’s Homelessness Task Force.
- San Joaquin Council of Governments. San Joaquin COG oversees funding for transportation in the county, including highways, freeways, major arteries, the seaport, and Stockton Metropolitan Airport. Doug has served on COG’s executive board since 2014.
- Local Agency Formation Commission. Doug has served on LAFCO's land use board since 2014 in multiple capacities as a former chairperson and currently as a member of the finance committee. LAFCO's land use board oversees Municipal Service Reviews and Sphere of Influence for cities and municipalities in the county.
- Regional Innovation for Sustained Excellence. RISE brings new and advanced technologies to the county. Doug joined this committee in 2018. The scope of RISE ranges from 5G network implementation, transportation solutions through technology, improved educational tools and tech in hospitals, and infrastructure.
- Government Relations Committee. The GRC is Doug's most recent committee to have joined, in 2018. The committee oversees how statewide bills will impact our city.
Past Political Experience
Doug served on the Lodi Planning Commission as Chairman (2006 to 2007) and Vice Chairman (2005 to 2006). While on the Planning Commission, he chaired and contributed to meetings on the Stockton-Lodi Greenbelt, residential and commercial development, Lodi General Plan, codes and regulations, and attended the League of California Cities.
Having founded King's Carpet Service in Lodi in 1983, Doug has been an active member of the community for decades. Doug served as Vice President and President from 2004 to 2006 for the Kiwanis of Greater Lodi and has been a member for over 20 years. He has also been involved as a member on TOPP's Advisory Council and has volunteered for the Business Leadership Summit in Stockton for 17 years. Doug and his wife Robbi have happily raised their blended family of 5 children in Lodi.